You may experience a sore, dry mouth during your treatment. This is normal with many regimens and will improve. Most soreness resolves within a few days, but you need proper nutrition for this to best occur.
- Remember, hydration is essential. You need at least ten 8 ounce glasses of non-alcoholic, non-caffeinated fluid/day.
- Avoid smoking. Avoid acidic, spicy, and brittle (i.e. pretzels, crackers) foods.
- Try cooking your foods until they are tender. Cut your food into smaller pieces or even pureeing it.
- Eating your foods at a slightly cooler temperature may also be more comfortable.
- Each morning, combine one teaspoon of salt with one teaspoon of baking soda in a quart of water. Stir or shake well. Rinse and spit this mixture at least four times per day, particularly after eating.
- Use your prescribed Viscous Lidocaine or Magic Mouthwash as directed.
Please call the office at (717) 975-8900 for any questions or concerns.